11.12.2007

To your notions of context, I say the following: The mascara snake is fast and bulbous.

Talking Heads

~Gender
And the boys say “What do you mean?”

~Where
GADJI BERI BIMBA CLANDRIDI
LAULI LONNI CADORI GADJAM
A BIM BERI GLASSALA GLANDRIDE
E GLASSALA TUFFM I ZIMBRA

~Home
Letting the days go by! Let the water hold me down
Letting the days go by! Water flowing underground
Into the blue again! After the money’s gone
Once in a lifetime! Water flowing underground

~Current Mood
I feel… feel nice inside
Right here
And now its… summer again

~School
Burned all my notebooks
What good are notebooks?
They won’t help me survive

~First Love
Here come a riddle, here come a clue
If you were really smart, you'd know what to do when I say
Why am I going out of my head, whenever you're around?
The answer is obvious, love has come to town

~First Heartbreak
But I'm...not in love.
What does it take to fall in love?
Do people really fall in love?

~Moment:
Here's that rhythm again.
Here's my shoulder blade.
Here's the sound I made.
Here's the picture I saved.
Here I am.

~Thoughts on Life
I can't seem to face up to the facts
I'm tense and nervous and I
Can't relax
I can't sleep 'cause my bed's on fire
Don't touch me I'm a real live wire

~Every Day
Just beginning to take that love away
Just beginning to take that love away
In a minute I'll wash that love away

~Favorite Color
Blood is a special substance

~Favorite Sound
Electric guitar gets run over by a car on the highway
This is a crime against the state
This is the meaning of life.
To tune this electric guitar

~Tattoos
Take a look at these hands.
Take a look at these hands.
The hand speaks. The hand of a government man.
Well I'm a tumbler. Born under punches.

~Drugs
And we
Are criminals that never broke no laws
And all
We needed was a net to break our fall

~Someone I miss
Mommy, Daddy, come and look at me now
I'm a big man in a great big town
Years ago who would believe it's true
Goes to show what a little faith can do

~Someone I can’t stand
Takes a lot of time to push away the nonsense!
Take my compassion, push it as far as it goes!
My interest level's dropping! My interest level is dropping!
I've heard all I want to, I don't want to hear any more!

~Someone I like
Don’t you worry ‘bout me.
I wouldn’t worry about me.

~Current Status
I got a girlfriend, that's better than that!
Now everyone's getting involved.
She's moving up, going right through my heart!
We might not ever get caught.
Going right through! Try to stay cool!
Going through, staying cool!
I got a girlfriend that's better than that!
And nothing is better than you.

~Am I Happy with it?
I got a girlfriend that’s better than that
And nothing is better than this
Is it?

~Last relationship
Years ago
I was an angry young man
I'd pretend
That I was a billboard
Standing tall
By the side of the road
I fell in love
With a beautiful highway

~Last kiss
Wait, wait for the moment to come.
Stand up, stand up and take my hand.
Believe, believe in mystery.
Love, love, love, love is simple as 1-2-3.

~Hobby
The world moves on a woman’s hips!
The world moves and it swivels and bops!
The world moves on a woman’s hips!
The world moves and it bounces and hops!

~Season
And when they split those atoms
It's hotter than the sun

~Déjà vu?
Facts are simple and facts are straight
Facts are lazy and facts are late
Facts all come with points of view
Facts don't do what I want them to
Facts just twist the truth around
Facts are living turned inside out
Facts are getting the best of them
Facts are nothing on the face of things
Facts don't stain the furniture
Facts go out and slam the door
Facts are written all over your face
Facts continue to change their shape

~Drunk?
The boys are making a big mess
This makes the girls all start to laugh
I don't know what they're talking about

~Cried?
Everything is very quiet
Everyone has gone to sleep
I'm wide awake on memories
These memories can't wait

~Happiest Moment
Home - is where I want to be
But I guess I'm already there
I come home - -she lifted up her wings
I guess that this must be the place
I can't tell one from another
Did I find you, or you find me?
There was a time Before we were born
If someone asks, this where I'll be

~Perfect lover
I'm writing 'bout the
Book I read, I
Have to sing about the
Book I read
I'm embarrassed to admit it hit the soft spot in my heart
When I found out you wrote the
Book I read so

~Perfect Day
And on the first day, we had everything we could hold!
Ooh, couldn’t’ve asked for more.
And on the second day, there was nothing else left to do!
Ooh, what a day that was.

~Best friend
Girls are getting into abstract analysis,
They want to make intuitive leap.
They are making plans that have far reaching effects.
And the girls want to be with the girls.

~Something to achieve
Find a city
Find myself a city to live in

~Something you’re proud of
I don’t have to prove that I am creative!

~Something you could change about yourself
Go...talk to your analyst, isn't that what they're paid for
You walk, you talk...You still function like you used to
It's not a question...Of your personality or style
Be a little more selfish, it might do you some good

~Five years
My building has every convenience
It's gonna make life easy for me
It's gonna be easy to get things done
I will relax alone with my loved ones

~Before I die
I see the shapes,
I remember from maps.
I see the shoreline.
I see the whitecaps.
A baseball diamond, nice weather down there.
I see the school and the houses where the kids are.
Places to park by the fac'tries and buildings.
Restaunts and bar for later in the evening.

~How would I like to go?
I'm walking a line,
I'm visiting houses in motion.
I'm walking a line,
Just barely enough to be living.
Get outta the way! No time to begin!
This isn't the time! So nothing was done!
Not talking about! Not many at all!
I'm turning around! No trouble at all!
You notice there's nothing around you, around you!
I'm walking a line! Divide and dissolve!

~Outlook of Life
Oh...I'm living in the future.
I feel wonderful.
I'm tipping over backwards
I'm so ambitious
I'm looking back I'm
Running a race and you're the book I read so

~Advice for a friend
When this kiss is over
It will start again.
It will not be any different,
It will be exactly the same.
It's hard to imagine,
That nothing at all,
Could be so exciting,
Could be so much fun.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home